Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Camaraderie: Introducting Kailani S., The S. Kitchen Apprentice

Hi. I’m Kailani Schulze. My first name is Hawaiian and means heavenly ocean, but I am Japanese, Okinawan, German, English, Irish, Scottish and French. I am a native San Franciscan, born and raised in the Richmond District. I went to Lafayette Elementary school, attended Roosevelt Middle school and graduated from George Washington High school in June of 2010.

In June 2011, I will begin classes at Skyline College in San Bruno. I plan on studying business with the intention of owning my own small business, hopefully a pastry shop.

In my spare time I like to read. When I was a little kid my parents would always read me a bed time story, so I think that’s what made me like reading so much. I also take yoga classes a couple times a week with my mother. Yoga is more than exercise to me; I feel at peace whenever I’m practicing it. After every class, I come with a positive attitude and sometimes hungry.

I am excited to be a part of The S. Kitchen team because cooking is something I am interested in. I grew up in a family that’s always been involved in community work, so combining the two is great. I have been to many S. Kitchens and had a wonderful time at every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment