Thursday, November 12, 2009

Grocery List: Spicy Chipotle Pork Stew and Tangerine and Cabbage Slaw Dinner

 

I didn't really know what I wanted to make for dinner. I knew I wanted something spicy, and I wanted pork. That's it. I let the freshness of the ingredients dictate what would be made. Spicy Chipotle Stew and Tangerine and Cabbage Slaw is what came through. If you want to make this delectable dinner, here is the shopping list.

***
Produce:
6 carrots
4 small onions
3 small potatoes (white, red, or russet all work fine)
1 head cabbage
1 red bell pepper
4 jalapenos
5 tangerines
3 limes
2 lemons
1 bunch cilantro 1 bunch Italian parsley
1 head garlic

Canned goods:
1 can pinto beans
2 cans whole tomatoes
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

Spices:
garlic powder
lack peppercorns
smoked chipotle powder
ground red pepper
ground corriander
ground cumin
salt (preferably Kosher)
 
Meat:
3 lbs. tamale pork

Oil:
olive oil
safflower or other vegetable oil

Dairy:

Mexican Sour Cream 

Other:
Fresh tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment